You can automate data management operations on records that are defined by a social media data set (Facebook, Twitter, or YouTube) by using the DataSet-Execute method. You can perform these operations programmatically, instead of doing them manually.
- Create an activity rule from the navigation panel, by clicking , to start the DataSet-Execute method.For more information, see Activities - Completing the New or Save As form.
- Click the activity Steps tab.
- In the Method field, enter DataSet-Execute.
- In the Step page field, specify the step page on which the method operates, or leave this field blank to use the primary page of this activity.
- Optional: Enter a description for the method.
- Click the Arrow icon to the left of the Method field to expand the Method Parameters section.
- In the Data Set field, enter the name of the data set that is used to represent a social media (Facebook, or YouTube) data source.
- To read all records from the social media (Facebook, Twitter, or YouTube) data source,
in the Operation list, select Browse and
specify additional settings by performing the following actions:
- In the Stop browsing after field, enter a value to define the time threshstepsd for stopping the browse operation (in seconds, minutes, or hours).
- In the Maximum number of records to read field, enter a value to define the threshstepsd for stopping the browse operation. You can also define this value through an expression.
- In the Store results in field, define the result page. The result page consists of an existing Code-Pega-List page.