Connecting to an external Cassandra database through the Decision Data Store service
This content applies only to On-premises and Client-managed cloud environments
Start storing data in an external Cassandra database by configuring the Decision Data Store (DDS) service.
For more information about external Cassandra deployments, see Cassandra overview.
For more information, see Defining Pega Platform access to an external Cassandra database.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- In the Decision data store nodes section, click Edit settings.
- In the Edit decision data store settings window, select the Use external Cassandra cluster check box.
- In the Cassandra host(s) field, enter a comma-separated list of Cassandra host names or IP addresses.
- In the Cassandra CQL port field, enter the Cassandra
Query Language (CQL) port.To connect to the DDS node cluster by using third-party or custom tools to load or extract data through the Thrift protocol, enter 9160. To use the CQL3 Cassandra protocol, enter 9042.
- In the Cassandra user ID and Cassandra password fields, enter the credentials for the Cassandra user role that you created.
- In the Logging level list, select a logging level.For more information about Cassandra driver loggers, see the DataStax driver documentation.
- Click Submit.
Previous topic Configuring the Decision Data Store service Next topic Configuring an internal Cassandra database