Creating application overlays
Define the extent to which business users can change your decisioning application by creating an application overlay. Specify the application, revision ruleset, and access group for the overlay.You create an application overlay in the Create New Application Overlay wizard.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- Click New.
- In the Create New Application Overlay wizard, click Create.
- Provide the following application overlay details:
- In the Name field, provide the unique name of the
application overlay. By default, this field is populated with the enterprise application name.
- In the Description field, provide a meaningful description or additional details for the application overlay.
- In the Revision ruleset field, specify the name of the revision ruleset.
- In the Name field, provide the unique name of the application overlay.
- Click Next.
- Edit the default list of access groups for the application overlay:
The default access groups have access to the Pega Customer Decision Hub portal. The following default access groups are available:
- To edit the name or the associated privileges of an access group, click the access group name.
- To add an access group to the overlay, click New Access Group.
- Revision Manager
Initiates a change to the application by creating a revision and the associated change requests. The revision manager approves change requests, submits completed revisions, and deploys revision packages.
- Strategy Designer
Amends the business rules that are part of the change request and creates rules. When the changes are complete, the strategy designer tests the changes by running test flows and simulations, and, if the results are satisfactory, submits the changes to the revision manager for approval.
- Initiates and resolves fast-track change requests.
- Amends or creates business rules as part of a fast-track change request, in the context of a production application and in isolation from standard revision management process.
For more information, see the following articles on Community:
- Release urgent business rule updates through fast track change requests
- Resolving fast-track change requests
- Click Next.
- Define the list of rules that are available for revision management:
- Select the rule instances that you want business users to change.
- Click Include for revision management.
- Click Next.
- Review the application overlay settings, and then click Create.
When the overlay creation is complete, you can export a RAP file that contains the application overlay and all operator accounts for deployment in other environments.
Previous topic Application overlays Next topic Editing application overlays