Creating a Database Table data set that uses the relational database
Create a Database Table data set to query and save data in the Pega Platform relational database.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- On the Create Data Set form, in the Label field, enter a name for the data set.
- In the Type list, select Database table.
- In the Context section, select the appropriate application, class, and ruleset for the data set.
- Click Create and open.
Result: The form displays the database table details, such as the table name, the database type, and the partitioning keys. The details are retrieved automatically from the class definition.
- On the Edit Data set form, in the Selectable
keys section, click Add key, and then
define a property.Add as many keys as necessary, and map each key to a property. To ensure good query performance, use properties that are mapped to an indexed database column.
- In the Partitioning key section, select a property to
distribute the data into partitions across the nodes.For more information, see Recommendations for choosing the partitioning key.
- Click Save.
Previous topic Database tables Next topic Recommendations for choosing the partitioning key