Creating a Facebook data set
You can create a Facebook data set record to track and analyze the text-based content that is posted on the Facebook social media site. By analyzing users' input, you can gain insight that helps you to structure the data in your application to deliver better services to customers and increase your customer base.
For example, by tracking and analyzing posts on the Facebook page of your organization, you can quickly detect and respond to any issues that your customers might have.
Use the Facebook data set to filter Facebook posts according to the keywords that you specify. First, create a Facebook data to connect with the Facebook API. Next, reference the data set from a data flow and use the Text Analyzer rule to analyze the text-based content of Facebook posts.
- In Dev Studio, click .
- Enter the data set label and identifier.
- From the Type list, select Facebook.
- Provide the ruleset, Applies to class, and ruleset version of the data set.
Note: The Applies-to class for Facebook data sets must always be Data-Social-Facebook.
- Click Create and open.
- On the Facebook tab, in the Access
details section enter the following information from your Facebook
- App ID
- App secret
- Facebook Page Token
Note: Every page owner has a page token for the owned page. You must obtain this page token to fetch posts, direct messages, and the promoted posts for the page. Note: When you enter a valid Facebook token, the Facebook page URL field is automatically populated with the address of the Facebook page from which you want to extract data for text analysis. By clicking that URL, you open the corresponding Facebook page.
- Optional: Configure which metadata types to track on the Facebook page. In the
Endpoints section, you can select the following metadata
- Direct messages
- Page timeline and tagged posts
- Posts that are promoted
- Comments on posts
- In the Search section, enter the time period to retrieve
Facebook posts. For example, you can retrieve Facebook posts submitted within the last 24 hours. Configure this information if you want to retrieve either historical posts or posts that were not retrieved as a result of a system failure.
- In the Track additional Facebook page(s) section, click
Add URL, and enter the name of one or more Facebook pages for
which you want to analyze text-based content.You can analyze only the public posts on these pages.
- Optional: Enter the names of users whose posts you want to exclude from analysis by clicking
Add follower in the Ignore section.
Note: See the Facebook Graph API documentation for information about limitations when specifying keywords and authors.
- Click Save.
- Customizing the metadata retrieval from Facebook data sets
- Accessing the Social Media Metadata landing page
Previous topic Social media Next topic Customizing the metadata retrieval from Facebook data sets