Edits to the rule form layout are not propagated
You customized the layout of a Decision Data rule form through the pyEditElement section (either by adding or removing properties from the layout) and saved your changes. However, you do not see your changes in the rules that reference that decision data rule.
For example, you added a new property in a layout of a Proposition rule form and saved that rule, but the change is not reflected in the strategy rule that imports the data for that proposition.
This problem might have the following causes:
- You added a property to the layout of the decision data rule, but this property is missing from the Form tab of the decision data rule.
- You removed a property from the layout of a decision data rule, but the Form tab of the decision data rule still contains that property.
To correct this problem, you need to add or remove properties on the Form tab of the decision data rule.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the Decision category, and then click Decision Data.
- Select a decision data rule to edit.
- Click the Form tab.
- To unlock editing, click Check out.
- Perform one of the following actions:
Choices Actions Add a property
- In the Form fields section, click Add field.
- Click the Down Arrow key and select a property from the list.
Delete a property In the Actions column, click the Trash can icon.
- Click Save.
- Check in the rule:
- Click Check in.
- Enter check-in comments, and then click Check in.
Previous topic Edits on the Form tab are not reflected on the Data tab Next topic pyEditElement error: The code for the static initializer is exceeding the 65535 bytes limit