Filter incoming data to reduce the number of records that your data flow needs to process. Specify filter conditions to make sure that you get the data that is applicable to your use case. Reducing the number of records that your data flow needs to process, decreases the processing time and hardware utilization.
- In a data flow, click the Plus icon on a shape, and select Filter.
- Double-click the Filter shape to configure it.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the shape.
- In the Filter conditions section, click Add condition.
- In the left field, enter the name of a property that is evaluated by the filter.
- From the dropdown list, select a comparison operator.
- In the right field, enter a value for your filter condition.
- Click Add condition to add more conditions.
The following figure shows an example filter configuration: