Preparing data for intent detection
In the Lexicon selection step, provide a sentiment lexicon and a list of intent types, together with words or phrases that are specific to each intent type that yo want to detect.
- In the Lexicon drop-down list, select a sentiment lexicon that
you want to use in the model building process.A sentiment lexicon provides the list of features that are used in sentiment analysis and intent detection. You can use the default lexicon based on the pySentimentLexicon rule provided by Pega. For more information, see Sentiment lexicons.
- Define the intent types that you want to detect by performing the following
- In the Intent config selection section, click Add item.
- In the Intent field, enter the name of the intent type, for example, Purchase.
- In the Action field, enter verbs or verb phrases that describe the user ideas or actions with regard to the intent type, for example, buy, purchase, want to acquire, intend to order, need to purchase, and so on.
- In the Subject field, enter any domain-specific words or phrases (for example, nouns or noun phrases) that relate to the intent type that you specified, for example, laptop, new phone, service, internet plan, and so on.
- Click Next.
Previous topic Setting up an intent detection model Next topic Uploading data for training and testing of the intent detection model