By adding aggregations, you can define various functions to apply to events in an event strategy. For example, you can sum property values from incoming events for trend detection, such as the number of dropped calls, transactions, or aggregated credit card purchases.
- In an event strategy, add an Aggregate shape.
- Right-click the Aggregate shape to open the Aggregate properties window.
- Click Add aggregation.
- Select a function to use for aggregating data.For more information, see Aggregation options in event strategies.
- In the Source field, specify a property that is available in the
- In the Aggregate field, provide a name.The name is a dynamic property that exists only in the context of the event strategy. The dynamic property contains the result of the aggregation function. Aggregation names within an event strategy must be unique.
- Optional: To add more aggregations, repeat steps 3 through 6.
- Click Submit.