Use the Use application settings with topic values setting
in a Kafka data set creation ruleset to use different topics in different environments
(for example, development, staging, production), without the need to modify and save a
data set rule in each environment.
To use this option, you must first configure the Application
Settings rule by performing the following actions:
Before you begin: Open your Kafka data set creation ruleform. If you do not
have the Kafka data set creation ruleform opened, follow the instructions here: Creating a Kafka data set.
- In your Kafka data set creation ruleform, in the Topic
section, select Use application settings with topic
- Click the Open icon next to the Kafka topic
application settings field.
- In the Label field, enter a short description or
The Owning ruleset field already contains a
- From the Context list, select a context.
- From the Add to ruleset list, select a ruleset and an
unlocked ruleset version.
- Click Create and Open.
- In the Value column, enter a value for each Production
Level that you have. See the following figure for an example:
- Click Save.
- Go back to the Kafka data set creation ruleform, and in the Kafka
topic application settings field, enter the topic name that you
set up in the Application Settings rule.