- Open the text prediction:
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Channels.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click the icon that represents a channel for which you want to configure the text prediction.
- On the channel configuration page, click the Behavior tab, and then click Open text prediction.
- In the Prediction workspace, click the Settings tab.
- In the Sentiment settings section, enter a minimum and
maximum score to define the score range for the neutral sentiment, or keep the
default values -0.25 and
Note: Do not define the neutral sentiment score range as -1 to 0 or 0 to 1 because these ranges interfere with sentiment analysis of input texts. The first score range excludes negative sentiment from sentiment analysis; the second score range excludes positive sentiment.
- Click Save.
To understand this configuration, analyze the following text with the default sentiment score values: Your company provides very good service. Still, the prices are too high. I have a neutral opinion about you.
The first sentence has positive sentiment, the second negative, the last one neutral. The overall sentiment for the whole text is neutral because the sentiment score equals 0.03, which is in the neutral sentiment score range ( -0.25 to 0.25 ).