To create your Kafka configuration instance, perform the following steps:
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- On the New tab, enter identifying information for this
- In the Short description field, enter a comment on the purpose of this rule.
- In the Kafka field, enter an appropriate name for this Kafka service connection, for example, Kafka-service-1.
- Click Create and open.
- In the Details section, configure a host and port combination to
connect to the Kafka cluster:
- In the Host field, enter the address of the Kafka cluster.
- In the Port field, enter the port number.
- Optional: Click Add host to configure additional host and port combinations.
- Configure an authentication method for this Kafka server connection:
Options Actions SSL-based authentication
- In the Security settings section, select the Use SSL configuration check box.
- In the Truststore field, press the Down Arrow key and select a truststore file that contains a Kafka certificate or create a truststore record by clicking the Open icon.
- Select Use client certificate and enter the Pega Platform private key and private key password credentials in the Keystore and Key password fields respectively.
- In the Authentication section, select Use authentication.
- Select the authentication type:
- To enable authentication using login credentials, select Username and password, and then enter the login credentials.
- To enable authentication using Kerberos, select Kerberos, and then enter the Kerberos authentication key.
- Optional: To upload a client properties file containing the properties that you want to use to
establish the connection with the Kafka cluster, in the Advanced
configuration section, click Upload client
- Click Test connectivity to test the connection between Pega Platform and the Kafka cluster.
- If the Kafka cluster is connected, click Save.