Define the outcome field that represents the behavior that you want to predict in the
Before you begin: Enable the outcome inferencing feature. See Enabling outcome inferencing.
What to do next: For extended binary models with the decision field, define the previous decision. See
- In the Outcome definition step, from the Model
type drop-down list, select the model type:
- To configure a binary model, select Binary.
- To configure an extended binary model, select
- From the Outcome field to predict field, select an outcome
The list contains only symbolic fields.Result: For the <Virtual Field> option, the
Virtual field dialog box opens for defining or selecting a formula
for the outcome field. For more information, see Virtual
- For extended binary models, if the sample contains a field that indicates whether the
sample cases were accepted or rejected during processing, select the Use
decision field check box.
- In the value grid, map every value of the outcome field to an Outcome
category and click Apply.
- Optional: In the Graphical view tab or the Tabular
view tab, check the distribution of cases.