As a best practice, you should use Deployment Manager 5.1 or newer to automate your business change management process, run CI/CD pipelines to merge a revision package to the development system of record (SOR), and subsequently deploy that package through to your production environment by using a deployment pipeline.
- Log in to the Pega Customer Decision Hub portal as an operator with the RevisionManager access role.
- In the left navigation panel, click Revision Management.
- On the Revision Management landing page, click Revisions.
- Click the revision that you want to deploy and review its contents.
- Click Deploy revision.
- In the Pipelines section, select a Deployment Manager pipeline to merge the package to the development system of record, as shown in the following figure:
- As a best practice, in the Comment field, enter a short description of the changes included in the revision, for example, Introduced a new business issue.
- Click Deploy.
Result: Deployment Manager queues the revision to merge it into a pipeline. After a successful merge, the revision deploys automatically to all environments in the pipeline. You can monitor the status of the deployment process in the Pega Customer Decision Hub portal, as shown in the following figure:
- Optional: Depending on the configuration of your deployment pipeline, you may need to manually approve the revision for deployment to your production environment. If required, click the Deployment Manager portal link and approve the revision in Deployment Manager, as in the following figure:
- Optional: If the revision deployment fails at any stage, click Cancel to complete the revision with status Completed-Failed.
- When the revision reaches the Test & Activate stage, click Test and
activate this revision to select the operators to test the revision before
you activate it, as in the following figure:
Tip: If you do not want to test the revision, select Activate for all operators instead. Selecting this option activates the revision directly.
- Click Complete revision to resolve the revision and allow the deployment of new revisions.