You can edit an existing application overlay to modify its application definition as well as the set of rules that are available for revision management.
When you add rules to revision management, a new version of the revision ruleset is created with the newly added rules being part of the new minor version of the application, for example, application version 01-01-01 will change to 01-01-02.
The enterprise application and the overlay application are also updated with this new revision ruleset version.
- In Dev Studio, click .
- Optional: Modify the rules that are available for revision management by performing the following
- In the Action column of the overlay that you want to modify, click .
- In the Edit Overlay_Name: Rules window,
add or remove rules from the revision ruleset:
In the Select rules available for revision management section, select the check box next to the rule that you want to add to the revision management ruleset and click Include for revision management. For direct deployment overlays, you can add, remove, or modify Decision Data rules only.
- In the Rules available for revision management section, click the Trash can icon to remove a rule from the revision ruleset. You cannot remove the rules that are part of a revision in progress.
- Click Save.
- Close the window.
- Optional: Modify the application settings, such as components, development branches, rulesets,
and so on, by performing the following actions:
- On the Application overlays tab, click the name of the application overlay that you want to modify.
- In the Application section, click Edit application.
- In the Edit Application window, modify the application definition.
- Click Save.