On-premises clients can restart a node that is unavailable by performing a node
recovery procedure. For nodes running in Pega Cloud services environments
and client-managed cloud environments this task is not supported; the deployment
automatically manages any required node recovery.
- Decommission the failed node:
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- Select the service with the failed node by clicking the corresponding
- For the failed node, in the Execute list, select
- Fix the root cause of the failure.
- Recover the data:
- If the data was previously owned by the failed node and is available on
replica nodes, delete the Cassandra commit log and data folders.
- If the data was previously owned by the failed node and is not available
on any replica node, perform data recovery from a backup file.
- Restart the node and add it back to the applicable service.
- Run the nodetool repair operation.
- Remove unused key ranges by running the nodetool cleanup operation on all
decision management nodes.