Improve the performance of your text prediction by using the training data that
customer service representatives (CSRs) add to a conversational channel as they work
with incoming messages in the production environment. CSRs can give feedback on the
outcomes (topics, sentiments, entities) that the text prediction detects in incoming
messages, and correct any errors.
You can export the training data from a channel in the production environment, and then
import it to the same channel in a non-production environment, for example, Development
or Sandbox. The training data that you add to a channel becomes automatically available
on the Training Data tab in the text prediction that is associated with the channel. You
can then review and approve this training data, and rebuild the models in the text
prediction with the new training data. Finally, the updated text prediction can be
migrated and deployed in production.
Before you begin:
- Export the training data from a channel in your production environment. For more
information, see Transferring training data to another email bot
and Transferring training data to another IVA.
- Import the training data to the channel in a non-production environment, for
example, Development or Sandbox.
What to do next: Build your models to train them with the new training
data. For more information, see Building models in text predictions.
- Open the text prediction:
- In the navigation pane of
App Studio, click Channels.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click
the icon that represents a channel for which you want to configure the
- On the channel configuration page, click the
Behavior tab, and then click Open
- In the Prediction workspace, click the Training
data tab.Result: The training data that you imported to the channel is listed as pending
- Optional: To add more training data, click Add, enter some sample
text in the Text window, and then click
Add.Result: The text is added to the Pending training data
- Review the training data:
Note: You must review the training data before the system can add it to the
respective model as feedback. All training data that customer service
representatives add in the channel in App Studio or in
the Pega Customer Service portal is visible on the Training
data tab in the text prediction.
- In the Pending training data list, select a piece
of training data.
- Optional: To edit the sample text, click Edit, modify the
text, and then click Save.
- In the Topic field, enter the topic of the
training data, for example, greeting.
- Optional: In the Sentiment field, enter the sentiment of
the training data, for example, positive.
- Double-click and then right-click a word or phrase in the training data
that represents an entity, and then select the corresponding entity type
from the list.
- Select the Reviewed check box.
- In the prediction workspace, click Save to save your