When working with revisions and change requests in the Customer Decision Hub portal, you can sometimes experience unexpected technical issues that require detailed investigation.
Cause: Backward compatibility issues
Customizing or changing the underlying process that governs the revision life cycle can cause backward compatibility issues when there are open revisions in the system. If you do not resolve an open revision or change request before modifying a case type or upgrading the system, any attempt to process an unresolved work object results in an error with an option to remove the revision or change request from the system.
- If you cannot resolve an open revision or change request due to a backward compatibility issue, remove the revision or change request from the system.
- To prevent any compatibility issues, resolve all open revisions before
you do any of the following types of actions:
- Upgrade to the latest version of Pega Platform (the revision management process might change, depending on the Pega Platform version)
- Modify the Revision or Change Request case types (for example, by adding or removing stages, steps, or assignments)
Cause: Incorrect email account configuration
A revision or change request might become corrupted when the system cannot send email notifications for service-level agreement (SLA) milestones. Notification errors occur when the email account configuration for the Revision or Change request case type is incorrect or incomplete. When you try to open a revision or change request, you might see an error message saying that you should contact the system administrator.
- Fix the email configuration for the Revision or
Change request case type.For more information, see Creating an email account.
Cause: Technical issues that cannot be fixed
In some cases, a revision or change request becomes corrupted and the underlying cause remains unknown or cannot be fixed.
- If a revision or change request case cannot be fixed, remove it from
the system and discard all the changes that were made as part of the
You can ask the database administrator to remove the case object for you, or you can create an activity that removes the assignments and work objects.