Troubleshooting proposition filters
To find the root cause of an error or unexpected results in a strategy rule, you can enable debugging for proposition filters. Use this feature for test purposes only because it negatively affects system performance.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the Decision category, and then click Strategy.
- Click the strategy rule that contains the proposition filter rule that you want to troubleshoot.
- On the Strategy tab of the Strategy form, double-click the Filter shape that references the proposition filter rule whose configuration you want to review.
- In the Filter Properties dialog box, select the Explain results check box.
- In the Store results field, press the Down Arrow
key, and then select the property that stores the output value that the
proposition filter returns.This property type must be TrueFalse.
- In the Store explanation in field, press the
Down Arrow key, and then select the property that stores the values of
propositions that the proposition filter evaluates at run time.This property type must be Text.
- Test the strategy by configuring a single case test run or configuring a batch case test run.
- In the Results for strategy section of the
Test run dialog box, review the eligibility
result and message to understand why the filter proposition failed or
returned unexpected results.
For example: The strategy can return the following eligibility results:
- Eligibility result: false
- Eligibility message: (Default behavior = true) AND (RecentDroppedCalls = false) AND (LowChurnRateCheck = false)
Previous topic Tips for optimizing decision strategies Next topic Troubleshooting strategy rules by using the Tracer tool