You can use the Tracer tool to view the order in which the top-level strategy and
its substrategies are processed in your application. The outcome of the analysis can
give you insight about the correctness of the strategy configuration.
For example, with the Tracer tool, you can detect a faulty switch condition that prevents
a substrategy from running or that unnecessarily triggers a substrategy.
Using the Tracer tool to view the order in which strategies are
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio,
- Expand the Decision category, and then click
- From the rule list, select a strategy to analyze.
- Click Tracer to open the Tracer tool.
- In the Tracer window, click
Settings to open the Tracer
- In the Event types to trace section, select
- Click OK to save the trace criteria and close
the Tracer Settings window. Do not close the Tracer
- On the Strategy form, click .
- In the Run window, click
- In the Tracer tool, analyze the run results.