Troubleshooting the Stream service
To troubleshoot issues that are related to the Stream service, you can copy all the data from one cluster to another. For example, you can copy data from the production environment to the testing environment. Troubleshooting the Stream service in the testing environment does not affect production environment users.
- Stop the Stream service nodes on the cluster
(Cluster1) from which you want to copy
Caution: To avoid losing all the data on the node, be careful not to decommission the node.
- Disable all services on the cluster to which you want to copy the data (Cluster2), and turn off the Pega Platform instance.
- From Cluster1, export the pr_data_stream_nodes table.
- Ensure that the pr_data_stream_nodes table on Cluster2 is empty, and import the data from Cluster1.
- Move the
kafka-datafolder from every service node of Cluster1 to Cluster2.By default, the Stream service data is in the current working directory. For example, for the Apache Tomcat server this path is
- Start the Stream service nodes on Cluster2.
Previous topic Stream service nodes fail on IBM WebSphere Application Server 8.5 Next topic Troubleshooting Visual Business Director