Adding a predictor to an adaptive model
Select properties that you want to use as predictors in your adaptive model.
- In the navigation pane of Prediction Studio, click Models.
- Open the adaptive model that you want to edit.
- On the Predictors tab, click Fields.
- From the Add field list, click Add field.
- In the Name field, select an existing single-value property or click the Open icon to create a new property.
- Optional: For Date Time properties, click Switch to edit
mode, and then select one of the following options:
- Absolute - The property indicates a specific date and time, for example, the date when a subscriber last visited one of your brick-and-mortar store locations.
- Elapsed - The property indicates the amount of time that has passed since a specific event, for example, the number of days since a subscriber purchased a new service plan.
- Optional: Change the Predictor type.Predictor type is automatically set to Symbolic or Numerical based on the type of property that you selected as the predictor. For example, for the predictor Subscriber.FullName, the predictor type is set to Symbolic. You can change this setting for predictors that can be both symbolic and numerical depending on the context, for example, if the predictor Subscriber.AccountID is stored in a text property, but you want the model to interpret it as a number.
Caution: Do not change predictor types for a model that is already in use. Changing the predictor type will result in a loss of any previously obtained learning for the model.
- Confirm the changes by clicking Save.
Previous topic Adding a predictor to an adaptive model Next topic Adding multiple predictors to an adaptive model