Create fields based on the ones that are available in the set of input fields. Virtual fields offer the ability to test different ways of treating the same data.
- In the Data analysis step, click New virtual field.
- In the Virtual field dialog box, in the Name field, enter a unique identifier.
- Optional: In the Description field, enter a description.
- Construct a formula that defines the virtual field:
- Click Functions and select the required function from the list. Click Insert.
- Click Fields and select the required field from the list. Click Insert.
- Optional: To check the correctness of the formula, click Validate.
- Confirm the formula by clicking Save & close.
step, select the new virtual field and change
its role type:
- For the numeric virtual field, change the role to predictor, value, ignored, benchmark, previous score, or benchmark inference.
- For the symbolic virtual field, change the role to predictor, ignored, or value.
For more information on the role types, see Defining the predictor role.
- Optional: Set the virtual field as Defining an outcome.