Completing the Strategy rule form
Strategy rules - Completing the Create or Save As form.
Records can be created in various ways. You can add a new record to your application or copy an existing one. You can specialize existing rules by creating a copy in a specific ruleset or against a different class.
Based on your use case, you use the Create or Save As form to create the record. The number of fields and available options varies by record type. Start by familiarizing yourself with the generic layout of these forms and their common fields using the following topic Creating rules.
This information identifies the key parts and options that apply to the record type that you are creating.
Create a strategy by selecting
Strategy from the
There are two typical patterns when creating a new strategy:
- Strategy using propositions
- Use the Business Issue and Group drop-down lists to select the applicability of the strategy in the context of the proposition hierarchy. Select the business issue and, if applicable, the group.
- The level at which the strategy is created (top level, business issue or group) determines the properties it can access. Strategies for which business issue is not defined apply to all business issues and groups in the context of the proposition hierarchy.
- Strategy without propositions
Enable the Define on a custom Strategy Result class instead option to select a data class that is indirectly derived from Data-pxStrategyResult.
- If left blank, the strategy result class is automatically considered to be the top level class of your application.
Initial decision context
Select a starting decision context, which will add an Embedded strategy to the canvas. The Embedded strategy shape simplifies the design of complex strategies that target multiple types of audiences by using substrategies that are embedded in the top-level strategy, without having to constantly switch between substrategies. The Embedded strategy will be configured with the data defined in the context dictionary.
When searching for rules of this type, the system:
- Filters candidate rules based on a requestor's ruleset list of rulesets and versions
- Searches through ancestor classes in the class hierarchy for candidates when no matching rule is found in the starting class
Time-qualified and circumstance-qualified rule resolution features are not available for this rule type.
- Strategy rule form - Completing the Strategy tab
A strategy is defined by the relationships of the components that are used in the interaction that delivers the decision. The Strategy tab provides the facilities to design the logic delivered by the strategy (the strategy canvas) and to test the strategy (the Test runs panel).
Previous topic About Strategy rules Next topic Strategy rule form - Completing the Strategy tab