Use a batch case run to test the performance of your strategy and identify which components need optimization. Run your strategy on a data set or a subset of records to identify the most popular propositions, check whether customers are receiving offers, and make sure that your strategy is executed as intended.
- Search for and open a Strategy rule.
- On the right side of the strategy canvas, expand the Test run panel.
- In the Test run panel, click the Batch tab.
- Click Settings.
- In the Analyze section, select an option, and then configure the
Choices Configuration Decisions Select the simulation test that you want to run from the following options:
- Select An existing simulation test, and then select the
Tip: To check the configuration of the simulation test, click Open.
- Select A new simulation test and specify the data flow, data set, or report definition that you want to use as the input data of the simulation test.
- Select the source and the subject of the test that you want to run from the
- Select Data set and specify a data set instance that you want to use as the source of the test run.
- Select Data flow and specify a data flow instance that you want to use as the source of the test run.
- Specify the number of records on which you want to run the test by selecting
one of the following options:
- To test the strategy on all available records in the specified data source, select All records.
- To test the strategy on a specific number of records, select A limited number of records and specify the number of records to use in the test run. The system uses that number of records from the top of the data set or data flow that you selected as the source.
- If you want to test your strategy using external input from another
strategy, configure additional settings:
- In the For external inputs use strategy field,
select a strategy from which you want to source input data.
Note: To see this option, ensure that your strategy contains an external input component and save the strategy. For more information, see Troubleshooting the strategy test run panel.
- To use a specific component within that strategy, select the Specify a single component within the strategy check box, and then in the Component field, select the component.
- In the For external inputs use strategy field, select a strategy from which you want to source input data.
- Select An existing simulation test, and then select the simulation ID.
- Click Run.
- Analyze the results.Decision simulation tests do not support all components. This includes adaptive and predictive models, scorecards, decision trees, decision tables, and others. If a decision simulation test does not include a component, the canvas does not display results for that component.
- Optional: For decision simulations of multilevel strategies (that is, strategies that decision on
various levels of customer contacts, such as account owner or device owned), you can use
the Showing results for list to view the results of the strategy
for a particular context.
For example: You can see the results of the strategy in the context of the whole account, or for individual subscribers on the account.For more information about multilevel decisioning, see Understanding multilevel decisioning and the Context Dictionary in the Pega Customer Decision Hub User Guide.
- Optional: To see if a component is optimized, at the top of the strategy canvas, click
Result: The following symbols appear on strategy components:
- A check mark for optimization
- A warning sign for a lack of optimization
- Optional: To see the results for a specific non-optimized strategy component, click that
component.The Test run panel displays different performance results for components depending on optimization. Non-optimized components display values for all performance statistics. For example, if you click a non-optimized component, the results display such information as processing speed and throughput. Optimized components do not display any performance statistics in the results.
- Decision statistics
When you select Decisions as the mode of the batch case test run, you can select the following types of statistics to display as labels at the top of each strategy shape:
- Performance statistics
When you select Performance as the mode of the batch case test run, you can select the following types of statistics to display as labels at the top of each strategy shape: