For more information on the deployment options for Cassandra, see Cassandra overview.
- Sizing a Cassandra cluster
Achieve high performance in terms of data replication and consistency by estimating the optimal database size to run a Cassandra cluster.
- Defining Pega Platform access to an external Cassandra database
Manage Pega Platform access to your external Cassandra database resources by creating Cassandra user roles with assigned permissions.
- Configuring a Cassandra cluster for internal encryption (deprecated)
Protect data that is transferred internally between Decision Data Store (DDS) nodes in Pega Platform by using node-to-node encryption.
- Configuring a Cassandra cluster for external encryption
Establish a secure channel for data transfers between Pega Platform client machines and a Cassandra cluster by using client-to-server encryption.
- Configuring compaction settings for SSTables (deprecated)
Maintain the good health of the Cassandra cluster by tuning compaction throughput for write-intensive workloads.
- Best practices for disk space management
You can maintain the high performance of decision services in your application by following best practices for allocating disk space to the Decision Data Store (DDS) nodes.
- Configuring Cassandra compression
You can customize the compression settings for Cassandra SSTables to best suit your application's requirements. By using compression, you reduce the size of the data written to disk, and increase read and write throughput.
- Configuring key cache settings
Maintain fast read access to Cassandra SSTables by tuning the use of the key cache separately for each table.
- Configuring the retry policy
You can increase Cassandra's fault tolerance by configuring how many times you want to retry queries that have failed. By retrying a failed Cassandra query you can circumvent temporary issues, for example, network-related errors.
- Configuring multiple data centers
Ensure the continuity of your online services by adding a secondary Cassandra data center.
- Modifying Cassandra node routing policies
Maintain high performance and short write times by changing the default node routing policies that limit the Cassandra-Cassandra network activity.