You can automate data management operations on records that are defined by the Visual Business Director (VBD) data set by using the DataSet-Execute method. You can perform these operations programmatically, instead of doing them manually.
- Create an activity rule from the navigation panel, by clicking , to start the DataSet-Execute method. For more information, see Activities - Completing the New or Save As form.
- Click the activity Steps tab.
- In the Method field, enter DataSet-Execute.
- In the Step page field, specify the step page on which the method operates, or leave this field blank to use the primary page of this activity.
- Optional: Enter a description for the method.
- Click the Arrow icon to the left of the Method field to expand the Method Parameters section.
- In the Data Set field, enter the name of the data set that
represents the Visual Business Director data source.A Visual Business Director data set belongs to the Data-pxStrategyResult class.
- In the Operation list, select the type of operation. Depending
on the type of operation, specify additional settings.
- Aggregate — Reduce the number of records that the VBD data set needs to store on its partitions. For more information, see Aggregation on the Visual Business Director data set.
- Browse — Read all records from the VBD data set.
- In the Maximum number of records to read field, enter a value to define the threshold for stopping the browse operation. You can also define this value through an expression. For more information, see .
- In the Store results in field, define the result page. The result page consists of an existing Code-Pega-List page.
- Get statistics — Get the VBD data source statistics.
- In the Store results in field, define a clipboard page to contain the results of this operation.
- Save — Save records passed by a page or data transform in
the VBD data source.
- Select the Save list of pages defined in a named page check
box to save the list of pages from an existing Code-Pega-List
Note: After a Save, the data source is visible on the Data Sources tab of the Visual Business Director landing page. Use the data source when writing to VBD in decision data flows.
- Select the Save list of pages defined in a named page check box to save the list of pages from an existing Code-Pega-List page.
- Truncate — Remove all records from the VBD data source.