Configure an instance of the HBase data set rule to read data from and save it to an external HBase storage.
- Create an instance of the HBase data set rule:
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- In the Label field, enter a short description for your data set.
- In the Type field, select HBase.
- In the Context section, select the application context, class,
and ruleset for the data set.For more information about the fields on this form, see Creating rules.
- Click Create and Open.
- On the Edit data set tab, connect to a Hadoop configuration
- In the Hadoop configuration instance field, select the
Hadoop configuration rule that contains HBase storage configuration.You can create a Hadoop configuration instance by clicking the Target icon on the right side of the field.
- Click Test connectivity.
- In the Hadoop configuration instance field, select the Hadoop configuration rule that contains HBase storage configuration.
- Configure the mapping between the fields that are stored in an HBase table and
properties in the Pega Platform by performing the following
- Optional: Click Refresh table names.
- In the HBase table name field, select a table that is available in the HBase storage to which you are connected.
- Click Preview table to see the first 100 row IDs and all
column families defined in the table schema, and then select a row ID and a column
family to view data in the selected table.When you preview the data, it helps you to define the property mappings.
- In the Row ID field, specify a property that contains a row
ID.A row ID uniquely identifies a single row in an HBase table. The HBase data set rule instance that you are configuring will perform all operations on a row identified by the row ID.
- Click Add mapping.
- In the HBase column field, specify a name of the field that
is stored in the HBase table.Use the following format: <column_family>:<column_name>, for example, total:expenses.
- In the Property Name field, specify a property in Pega Platform.
- Repeat steps 3.e through 3.g to map more properties.
- Click Save.