Creating a Visual Business Director data set record
Store data records in the Visual Business Director data set to view them in the Visual Business Director (VBD) planner and assess the success of your business strategy. Before you can use this data set for storing and visualization, you must configure it.
- Create an instance of the Visual Business Director data set rule
- Specify time granularity. VBD planner uses this setting to aggregate the records within the specified time period.
- Select dimensions that you want to show when visualizing data in the VBD planner. To increase performance of the VBD planner, select only the dimensions that you need.
- Optional: Define additional dimensions for this data set to display when visualizing data by
performing the following actions:
- In the Additional dimensions section, click Add dimension.
field, specify a dimension name.
The name must be unique within the current VBD data set and any other VBD data set in your application. You can have up to 10 additional dimensions in your application.
- In the Property field, press the Down Arrow key and select a property whose value you want to represent as a dimension level in VBD. You can select properties from the Applies To class of the VBD data set.
To define additional properties as levels in your dimension, click
The order in which you define levels determines the level hierarchy at run time; for example, the first level that you define is the topmost level in the application.
Note: You cannot change time granularity or dimension settings after you save this rule instance.
- Aggregation on the Visual Business Director data set
Aggregation is an internal feature in the Visual Business Director (VBD) data set to reduce the number of records that the VBD data set needs to store on its partitions. The size of a partition is determined by the time granularity setting that you select when you create a VBD data set instance. When you save the rule instance, you cannot change this setting.
Previous topic Creating a Monte Carlo data set record Next topic Aggregation on the Visual Business Director data set