Defining the outcome field for binary and extended binary models
Define the outcome field that represents the behavior that you want to predict in the model.
- In the Outcome definition step, from the Model
type drop-down list, select the model type:
- To configure a binary model, select Binary.
- To configure an extended binary model, select Extended_Scoring.
- From the Outcome field to predict field, select an outcome
field.The list contains only symbolic fields.
Result: For the <Virtual Field> option, the Virtual field dialog box opens for defining or selecting a formula for the outcome field. For more information, see Virtual Fields.
- For extended binary models, if the sample contains a field that indicates whether the sample cases were accepted or rejected during processing, select the Use decision field check box.
- In the value grid, map every value of the outcome field to an Outcome category and click Apply.
- Optional: In the Graphical view tab or the Tabular view tab, check the distribution of cases.
Previous topic Defining an outcome Next topic Defining a previous decision