After you add a candidate model to a prediction, Prediction Studio configures and validates the new model, and provides
comparison data to help you evaluate the new model. Decide whether you want to approve
the new model for deployment to production or reject it.
Model evaluation is part of the Machine Learning Operations (MLOps) feature of Pega Platform.
- In the navigation pane of Prediction Studio, click Predictions.
- From the list of predictions, open a prediction that contains a candidate
model, and then click the Models tab.
- Display the candidate model by expanding the twist arrow to the left of the
- Ensure that the status of the candidate model is READY FOR
REVIEW. If the configuration or validation of the model is
still in progress, wait several seconds, and then refresh the page by clicking .
- Open the candidate model by clicking its name.
- Optional: If you want to add a data set for the comparison or use a different data set,
click Configure data set.
- In the Validation data set window, select the data
set and the outcome column to compare the two models.
The outcome column contains the response labels for the
- Review the properties in the data set and their values.
In the Records field, you can select the number
of records for the data set preview. The values are recalculated after
- Click Submit.
- In the top-right corner of the Model comparison
window, click Save.
- In the Confirm save dialog box, click
- Wait several seconds for the validation to complete, and then refresh
the page by clicking .
- When the status of the model changes to READY FOR
REVIEW, open the model by clicking its name, and
review the new comparison charts.
- Review the comparison charts to decide which model is better for your use
- Optional: Export the analysis data to a CSV file by clicking Download analysis
- In the top-right corner, click Evaluate.
- In the evaluation window, approve or reject the model:
- To let the new model shadow the current model, click Approve
new candidate model and start shadowing
- To replace the current model, click Approve candidate model
and replace current active model.
- To reject the new model, select Reject candidate
- In the Reason field, provide a comment on the approval
- Click Save.