- Monitor Pega alerts for the Decision Data Store
(DDS) to discover the causes of performance issues and learn how to resolve
them.For more information, see Pega alerts for Cassandra.
- Review the monitoring information on the DDS service landing page. For
information about accessing the DDS service landing page, see Monitoring decision management services.On the DDS service landing page, you can capture basic and comparative data. Apart from monitoring the cluster metrics, verify that all members of the cluster provide similar performance.
- Run nodetool monitoring commands, for example, to access an overview of the
cluster health, or to retrieve a list of active and pending tasks.For more information, see Nodetool commands for monitoring Cassandra clusters.
- Analyze operating system metrics, such as IO bottlenecks or network buffer
buildups, to detect problems with Cassandra nodes.For more information, see Operating system metrics on Cassandra nodes.
- Nodetool commands for monitoring Cassandra clusters
Verify the system health by using the nodetool utility. This utility comes as part of the Pega Platform deployment by default.
- Capturing Cassandra metrics
Troubleshoot issues and monitor performance of the Cassandra cluster by gathering detailed metrics.