Troubleshooting the Adaptive Decision Manager service
If you experience problems when working with the Adaptive Decision Manager (ADM) service, use the following tips to troubleshoot and solve the most common issues.
ADM service alerts
For guidelines on how to troubleshoot issues related to alerts for the ADM service, see the following articles:
Learn about the issues that might affect the ADM service and find out how to solve them:
- Tips for troubleshooting the Adaptive Decision Manager service
The incorrect or incomplete configuration of the Adaptive Decision Manager (ADM) service causes many of the problems and technical issues related to adaptive models. Use the following general guidelines to investigate and solve the most common problems.
- Adaptive models do not contain any active predictors, or contain only one active predictor
The list of active predictors in the Active predictors overview report is empty.
- Adaptive Decision Manager does not capture responses for adaptive models
When you click Show last responses on the Model Management landing page, the number of updated models is zero.
- Adaptive models have poor performance
Adaptive models that are displayed in the adaptive models reports have low performance.
- No adaptive models are displayed in the adaptive model reports
You want to inspect adaptive models in the adaptive model reports that are available in Prediction Studio, but no models are displayed.
- No adaptive models are displayed on the Model Management landing page
You want to view the adaptive models that were generated by your strategy, but no adaptive models are shown on the Model Management landing page.
- Predictor reports are empty
You want to inspect predictors in the Active predictors overview and Inactive predictors overview reports, but the reports are empty.
- Response capture works differently after update from Pega Platform version 7.x or 8.1 to a later version
Before the introduction of model execution results, models were updated with responses even on a subset of context keys.
- The ADM node fails to join the Cassandra cluster
Adding the Adaptive Decision Manager (ADM) node is part of configuring Decisioning services. If the node fails to join the Pega Platform nodes, you cannot use the adaptive model functionality.
- Timeout exceptions during snapshot generation
There is a problem with the Adaptive Decision Manager (ADM) data mart agent that captures information about the state of models, predictors, and predictor binning.
- Troubleshooting an adaptive model with exceedingly high performance
Beginning with Pega Platform version 8.4, Prediction Studio informs you when an adaptive model has an unrealistically high predictive performance score, and as a result, might be overoptimistic.
- Troubleshooting an adaptive model with no active predictors
Beginning with Pega Platform version 8.4, Prediction Studio sends a notification when an adaptive model instance does not have any active predictors.
- Troubleshooting an adaptive model with only one active predictor
Beginning with Pega Platform version 8.4, Prediction Studio sends a notification when an adaptive model instance has access to only one active predictor.
- Values of the parameterized predictors are not set
You clicked Show last responses on the Model Management landing page and noticed that some values of the parameterized predictors are not set.
- Values of the predictors are not set
The strategy that you use to set responses to adaptive models cannot access the values of the predictors.
Previous topic Troubleshooting decision management components Next topic Tips for troubleshooting the Adaptive Decision Manager service