When you add a node to the Decision Data Store service, deploys an Apache Cassandra database on that node. For nodes running the Windows operating system, Cassandra requires that the script execution policy be set to Unrestricted, which permits loading all files and running all scripts. If the execution policy is set to any other level while a node is added to the Decision Data Store, that node is not added to the service and the JOIN_FAILED message is displayed.
- In the PowerShell console of the failed node, enter the following command: Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted
- Remove the failed node from the Decision Data Store service:
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- In the Decision data store nodes section, locate the node that did not join the service as a result of an incorrect execution policy level.
- In the Action column for that node, click .
- Add the node back to the Decision Data Store service:
- In the Decision data store section, click Add node.
- Select the node that you just decommissioned.
- Click Submit.
- Click Refresh until the status of the node changes from JOINING to NORMAL.