The LookupList cache is a series of XML files that Process Commander saves on disk. Process Commander then uses this cache of XML files to display features such as List View reports and SmartPrompt lists.
The LookupList cache reduces the number of database searches and provides quicker response times.
If the contents of a cached lookup list become stale or out of date, Process Commander deletes the lookup list file and rebuilds the file the next time the information is requested. This occurs automatically during normal Process Commander processing and when using tools on the standard Process Commander portals.
- Import a new or updated RuleSet.
- A message displays stating the import process was successful.
The new classes for the updated RuleSet appear in the drop-down list in the Class Explorer:
However, at times the LookupList XML file may not be rebuilt with the latest information, for example if batch or non-integrated tools are used to load or change rules. If this occurs, the drop-down list in the example above may not contain the new Classes.
To resolve this issue and refresh the LookupList, you must delete the LookupList cache as follows:
- Select Tools > System Management Application to access the System Management tool.
- Select the node for which you want to delete the LookupList cache; the following appears:
- Select Advanced > ETier Static Content Management; the following appears:
- Click Delete Lookup List Cache . You may need to repeat this process on each Process Commander node.
- Return to Process Commander and select the LookupList function you attempted earlier, to force the system to regenerate the cache.