Deployment Manager version 5.5.1 includes the following new features and minor improvements:
This release contains the following new features:
Deployment Manager now provides the Review deployment health task, which shows you the health of a deployment by tracking the urgent events reported to Pega Predictive Diagnostic Cloud after the deployment completes. To gain better insight on the health of the deployment, run any automated tests before executing this task.
For more information, see Review deployment health.
If you are using decision management, the Revisions page in Pega Customer Decision Hub displays a warning when patch versions approach 99 and an error when patch versions reach 99.
For more information, see Resolving revision deployment issues when revisions approach patch version 99.
- Deployment Manager now provides a deploy artifact
pipeline that you can use to deploy an existing artifact that another
pipeline created and validated. You can also deploy an artifact that one
Deployment Manager instance generated to another
Deployment Manager instance.
For more information, see Understanding deploy artifact pipelines.
- Upgrade pipelines have been renamed to update pipelines. While existing upgrade pipelines work as expected, you should migrate upgrade pipelines to upgrade pipelines. You should also archive upgrade pipelines if you are not using them.
The following known issues are in Deployment Manager version 5.5.1:
- In Pega Cloud services, if a candidate environment runs Pega Platform version 8.1 - 8.5.3, and the orchestrator
environment runs Deployment Managerversion 5.4,
authentication fails with the message "invalid URI or string".
To resolve this issue, on the orchestration server and candidate environments, enable the dynamic system setting deploymentmanager/security/authentication/oauth/enabled in the owning ruleset PegaDevopsShared.
- In Kubernetes infrastructure, Deployment Manager
deployments on Pega Platform version 8.7 fail with
NullPointerException. If you manage releases through Deployment Manager, do not update Pega Platform to version 8.7.
Hotfix 8.7.0 HFIX-83163 resolves the issue.
Bug fixes and minor enhancements
Deployment Manager 5.5.1 provides the following bug fixes and enhancements:
- If you upgrade from Deployment Manager version 4.8 to 5.5, you can now roll back to version 4.8. You can continue creating pipelines in Deployment Manager version 4.8 until the update to version 5.5 completes.
- The issue of properties conflicting with your application in Deployment Manager version 5.4 is fixed. You no longer need to run the DeleteDMRule activity to remove the older instances of the properties.
- Skip action is disabled for Perform manual Step task to address the issue of Skipping a rejected task.
- The earlier issues with using diagnostic features are resolved. These issues
include the following:
- Issues with validating a Production repository connection when the Staging stage is not added to the pipeline.
- Issues with error messages saved to the log files when running diagnostic.
- Issues with orchestration server health when validating if Deployment Manager is in the system runtime context.
- The issue with an intermittent socket timeout exception during a merge is resolved.
- The issue with the Deploy task failing intermittently when the deployment artifact has aged updates is resolved.
- You can now force retrying a task that does not respond on time or is stuck.
- The issue with the Deploy Branch task failing when stream data sets are merged in a merge pipeline is resolved.
- The issue with pipelines sometimes not showing up when logging into Deployment Manager is resolved.
- The intermittent issue with a queued deployment not resuming when you stop an active deployment is resolved.
- The issue with the Run Jenkins task failing has been resolved.
- The issue with performing a Save as action on a pipeline with dependencies failing has been resolved.