Scheduling a pipeline by creating a job scheduler rule
You can schedule a data migration pipeline to run during a specified period of time by creating and running a job scheduler. The job scheduler runs a Deployment Manager activity (ScheduleDataSyncPipeline) on the specified pipeline, based on your configuration, such as weekly or monthly.
- On the orchestration server, in the navigation panel of Dev Studio, click .
- On the Create Job Scheduler rule form, enter the label of the scheduler and select the ruleset into which to save the job scheduler.
- Click Create and open.
- On the Edit Job Scheduler rule form, on the
Definition tab, from the Runs
on list, configure the job scheduler to run on all or one
- To run the job scheduler on all nodes in a cluster, click All associated nodes.
- To run the job scheduler on only one node in a cluster, click Any one associated node.
- From the Schedule list, select how often you want to start the job scheduler, and then specify the options for it.
- Select the context for the activity resolution.
- If you want to resolve the ScheduleDataSyncPipeline activity in the context of Deployment Manager, go to step 7.
- If you want to resolve the activity in the context that is specified in the System Runtime Context, go to step 8.
- To resolve the ScheduleDataSyncPipeline activity in the
context of Deployment Manager:
- From the Context list, select Specify access group.
- In the Access group field, press the Down arrow key and select the access group that can access Deployment Manager.
- Go to step 9.
- to resolve the activity in the context that is specified in the System Runtime
- From the Context list, select Use System Runtime Context.
- Update the access group of the batch requestor type access group with the access group that can access Deployment Manager; in the header of Dev Studio, clicking .
- On the System:General page, on the Requestors tab, click the BATCH requestor type.
- On the Edit Requestor Type rule form, on the Definition tab, in the Access Group Name field, press the Down arrow key and select the access group that can access Deployment Manager.
- Click Save.
- On the Job Schedule rule form, in the Class field, press the Down arrow key and select PegaDevOps-Work-PipelineConfig.
- In the Activity field, press the Down arrow key and
Choosing the right Activity, Class name, and Parameters according to your Deployment Manager version.
Deployment Manager version Activity in job scheduler Class name Parameters Is the Activity shipped? 4.8- 5.2 pzScheduleDataSyncPipeline Pega-Pipeline-DataSync pipelineName ✓ 5.3, 5.4 ScheduleDataSyncPipeline PegaDevOps-Work-PipelineConfig pipelineID No 5.5 ScheduleDataSyncPipeline PegaDevOps-Work-PipelineConfig pipelineID ✓
- Click the Parameters link that appears below the Activity field.
- In the Activity Parameters dialog box, in the Parameter value field for the PipelineID parameter, enter the data migration pipeline that the job scheduler runs.
- In the Parameter value field for the ApplicationName parameter, enter the application that the data migration pipeline is running.
- Click Submit.
- Save the Job schedule rule form.
Previous topic Merging test rules into a merge pipeline Next topic Best practices for using pipelines in Deployment Manager