Links may not function; however, this content may be relevant to outdated versions of the product.
Creating flow rule test cases
This article describes the steps available in Process Commander versions prior to Version 6.1. To create test cases for flow rules as of Version 6.1, consult How to test flows with Automated Unit Testing (V6).
When Automated Unit Testing is enabled, you can use the Run Rule window to save test data as a test case for flow rules.
The data saved for the test case consists of both the input values for each step and the actions the user has taken.
Creating Flow Rule Test Cases
The process of creating a test case for a flow rule is quite different than for the other rules:
- Open the flow rule you want to test.
- Click the Run toolbar tool . The Run Rule window appears.
- In the Test Page section, specify which page to use as the main page and click the Reset Page & Run Flow button.
- Each step from the flow rule appears in sequence in the Run Rule window. After supplying the test data for each step, click Next to move to the next step in the flow.
- Once you have reached the point in the flow where you are done entering test case data, click the Save Test Case button. The New Test Case dialog box appears.
- In the Test Case Name field, enter a short description of the test case.
- Specify the RuleSet you created for test cases and click Create .