If you are using Deployment Manager as your automation server, you can use it to merge branches on the source development system. You must configure certain settings on the source development system before you can create pipelines that model pre-merge criteria and can merge branches.
Do the following tasks to configure Deployment Manager to merge branches on the source development system:
- Configure the source development system so that you can merge branches on it. For more information, see Configuring the development system for branch-based development.
- Create a pipeline for your application, which includes modeling pre-merge criteria, such as adding a task that developers must complete a branch review before merging branches. For more information, see Configuring an application pipeline.
- Start a deployment by doing one of the following tasks:
- Submit an application into the Merge Branches wizard. For more information, see Starting a deployment by using the Merge Branches wizard.
- Publish application changes in App Studio. For more information, see Publishing application changes in App Studio.