To create a scenario test suite, add scenario test cases to the suite and then specify the order in which you want the tests to run. You can also modify the context in which to save the scenario test suite, such as the development branch or the ruleset.
When the test suite runs, the test cases run in the order that they are listed. You can reorder cases only on the page in which they display and cannot move cases or suites from one page to another.
In the header of Dev Studio, click.
Click Create new suite.
In Description, enter information that you want to include with the test suite. For example, enter information about when to run the test suite.
In the Category list, click the type of scenario test suite you are creating:
- To informally test a feature, select Ad-hoc.
- To verify critical application functionality, select Smoke.
- To confirm that changes have not adversely affected other application functionality, select Regression.
In the Scenario test cases section, click Add, select the test cases you want to add to the suite, and then click Add.
Note: To filter information by multiple criteria, click the Advanced filter icon.
To change the order in which the test cases run, drag the case to a different position in the sequence.
Save the scenario test suite:
Click Save and then enter a Label that describes the purpose of the test suite.
Note: Pega Platformautomatically generates the Identifier based on the label you provide. The identifier identifies the scenario test suite in the system. To change the identifier, click Edit. The identifier must be unique to the system.
In the Context section, change details about the environment in which the test suite will run. You can:
- Change the development branch in which to save the scenario test suite.
- Select a different application for which to run the scenario test suite.
- Change the class to apply to the scenario test suite.
- Select a different ruleset in which to save the scenario test.