Development environments can be shared by one or more teams collaborating on the production application. To practice continuous integration, use a team application layer, branches, and release toggles.
- Build a team application layer that is built on top of the main production application. The team application layer contains branches, tests, and other development rulesets that are not intended to go into production. For more information, see the Pega Community Using multiple built-on applications.
- Create a branch of your production ruleset in the team application. For more information, see Adding branches to your application.
- Perform all development work in the branch.
- Optional: Use release toggles to disable features that are not ready for general use. Using toggles allows you to merge branch content frequently even if some content is not final. For more information, see Toggling features on and off.
- Optional: Create formal review tasks for other members of the development team to review your content. For more information, see Creating a branch review.
- Optional: Use the branch developer tools to review the content and quality of your branch. For more information, see Reviewing branches.
- Optional: Lock the branch. For more information, see Locking a branch.
- Frequently merge the branch from the team application layer to the production rulesets. For more information, see Merging branches into target rulesets.