Configuring email notifications on the orchestration server
You can optionally configure email notifications on the orchestration server. For example, users can receive emails when pre-merge criteria are not met and the system cannot create a deployment.
To configure the orchestration server to send emails, complete the following steps:
- Use the Email wizard to configure an email account and listener by clicking . This email account sends notifications to users when events occur, for example, if there are merge conflicts. For detailed information, see the procedure for “Configuring an email account that receives email and creates or manages work” in Entering email information in the Email wizard
- From the What would you like to do? list, select Receive an email and create/manage a work object.
- From the What is the class of your work type? list, select Pega-Pipeline-CD.
- From the What is your starting flow name? list, select NewWork.
- From the What is your organization? list, select the organization that is associated with the work item.
- In the What Ruleset? field, select the ruleset that
contains the generated email service rule. This ruleset applies to the work class.
- In the What RuleSet Version? field, select the version of the ruleset for the generated email service rule.
- Click Next to configure the email listener.
- In the Email Account Name field, enter Pega-Pipeline-CD, which is the name of the email account that the listener references for incoming and outgoing email.
- In the Email Listener Name field, enter the name of the
email listener. Begin the name with a letter, and use only letters, numbers, the ampersand character (&), and hyphens.
- In the Folder Name field, enter the name of the email
folder that the listener monitors. Typically, this folder is INBOX.
- In the Service Package field, enter the name of the
service package to be deployed. Begin the name with a letter, and use only letters, numbers, and hyphens to form an identifier.
- In the Service Class field, enter the service class name.
- In the Requestor User ID field, press the Down arrow key, and select the operator ID of the release manager operator.
- In the Requestor Password field, enter the password for the release manager operator.
- In the Requestor User ID field, enter the operator ID that the email service uses when it runs.
- In the Password field, enter the password for the operator ID.
- Click Next to continue the wizard and configure the
service package. For more information, see Configuring the service package in the Email wizard.
- After you complete the wizard, enable the listener that you created in the
Email Wizard. For more information, see Starting a listener.
- Understanding email notifications
Emails are also preconfigured with information about each notification type. For example, when a deployment failure occurs, the email that is sent provides information, such as the pipeline name and URL of the system on which the deployment failure occurred.
Previous topic Configuring additional settings (optional) Next topic Understanding email notifications