Contents form in AUT test suite
Use the Contents tab to define the unit test suite. Specify a user (Operator ID) that the Pega-AutoTest agents are to use by default when running the suite, and select the test cases to include.
The Operator ID specified here is the default one used to run the unit test suite. When defining the unit test suite's run schedule using the Schedule gadget of the Automated Unit Testing landing page, you have the option to specify a different Operator ID and override the one specified here.
You can specify Test Cases in both the Rule Types To Include section and the Query Test Cases To Include section of this form. If you specify Test Cases in both sections, when the unit test suite runs, those test cases defined in the Rule Types To Include section will run before the test cases in the Query Test Cases To Include section.
- In the RuleSets for Test Cases field, select the RuleSet that
holds the test cases you want to include in this test suite.If the test cases are in more than one RuleSet, click the Add icon to add rows to specify the additional RuleSets.
- In the User ID for Agent Processing field, select the Operator
ID for the Pega-AutoTest agents to use by default when they run this
test suite.This ID must provide access to the RuleSet that this test suite belongs to, as well as access to the RuleSets listed in the RuleSets field.
- Optional: To specify that the work items created during the test case execution are to be deleted afterwards, select the Remove Test Work Objects? check box.
- In the Application Name field, select the name of the application that has the test cases you want to include in the unit test suite.
- In the Application Version field, select the version of the application that has the test cases you want to include in the unit test suite.
- In the Rule Type field, select those rule types for which you
want to include their test cases in this unit test suite:
- Decision Tables
- Decision Trees
- Service SOAP service records
- In the When Filter field, do one of the following:
- Leave blank to include all the test cases that were created for rules of the type specified in the Rule Type field.
Select the appropriate when condition rule to constrain the list.
The test cases that meet the conditions in the when condition rule are included in the unit test suite
- In the Test Case Name field, enter a search string for the test case you want to find.
- To list test cases that match the query string in the Test Case
Name field, click Query.The list is not limited by RuleSet. If test cases exist that match the search string, the List Test Case window appears. Select the test cases you want to include and then click OK. The test cases are added to the list in this section of the form.
- In the Test Case Key field, enter the three-part key of a Test
Case rule.The key consists of the following parts:
When you use the Query button to find and add a test case, the system automatically fills in this field.
- Class Name
- Instance Name (Ins Name)
- In the Description field, enter the short description of the
Test Case.When you use the Query button to find and add a test case, the system automatically fills in this field.
- In the RuleSet field, enter the RuleSet of the test case.When you use the Query button to find and add a test case, the system automatically fills in this field.Verify that this RuleSet is included in the RuleSets for Test Cases list at the top of this form. If the RuleSet for the test case is not in that list, add it now. Otherwise, the Test Case does not run when the unit test suite runs.
The fields in the Application Test Cases To Include section provide options to specify the test cases by application name and version.
The fields in the Rule Types To Include section provide options to select the test cases by rule type. You can specify that all the test cases for a particular rule type are included in this unit test suite, or you can constrain the list with a When condition rule.
The fields in the Query Test Cases To Include section provide options to select specific Test Cases to include in this unit test suite. List the test cases in the order in which you want them to be run.
Previous topic Create or Save as form in AUT test suite Next topic Running scenario tests against a user interface