Deployment Manager 3.2.1 includes the following enhancements.
The following enhancements are provided in this release:
- Simplified pipeline setupPipeline setup has been simplified when you install
Deployment Manager and when you configure pipelines. The following enhancements
have been made:
- Deployment Manager now provides the Pega Deployment Manager application with default operators and authentication profiles when you install it. You do not need to create authentication profiles for communication between candidate systems and the orchestration server.
- If you are using Pega Cloud, Deployment Manager is automatically populated with the URLs of all the systems in your pipeline so that you do not need to configure them.
- New Check guardrail compliance task.You can now use the Check guardrail compliance task to ensure that the deployment does not proceed if the application does not comply with best practices for building applications in Pega Platform. This task is automatically added to all the stages in your pipeline.
- New Approve for production taskDeployment Manager now provides an Approve for production task, which is automatically added to the stage before production when you create a pipeline. You can assign this task to a user who approves the application changes before the changes are deployed to production.
- Ability to specify the test suite ID and access group for Pega unit testing tasksFor Pega unit testing tasks, you can now run all the Pega unit tests that are defined in a test suite for the application pipeline. By using a test suite ID, you can run a subset of Pega unit tests instead of all Pega unit tests for a pipeline application. You can also run all the Pega unit tests for an application that is associated with an access group so that you can run Pega unit tests for an application other than the pipeline application.
- Deployment Manager now supports first time deploymentsDeployment Manager now supports first-time deployments, so you do not have to import your application into each Pega Platform server on your candidate systems the first time that you configure Deployment Manager.