Installing or upgrading to Deployment Manager 4.8.x
You must install Deployment Manager if you are using it on-premises. Because Pega Cloud Services manages the orchestration server in any Pega Cloud subscription, Pega Cloud Services manages the installation and upgrades of Deployment Manager orchestration servers. Deployment Manager is supported on Pega Platform versions 8.1-8.5.
To install Deployment Manager on-premises, do the following steps:
- Install the latest supported version of Pega Platform on all systems in the pipeline.
- On each system, browse to the Deployment Manager Pega Marketplace page, and then download the DeploymentManager04.08.0x.zip file for your version of Deployment Manager.
- Extract the DeploymentManager04.08.0x.zip file.
- Use the Import wizard to import files into the appropriate systems. For more information about the Import wizard, see Importing rules and data by using the Import wizard.
- On the orchestration server, import the following files:
- On the candidate systems, import the PegaDevOpsFoundation_4.8.zip file.
- If you are using a distributed development for CI/CD workflows, on the remote development system, import the PegaDevOpsFoundation_4.8.zip file.
- Do one of the following actions:
- If you are upgrading from version 3.2.1 or later, the upgrade automatically runs, and you can use Deployment Manager when post-upgrade steps are run. You do not need to perform any of the required configuration procedures but can configure Jenkins and email notifications. For more information, see Configuring additional settings.
- If you are not upgrading, continue the installation procedure at Configuring authentication profiles.
Previous topic Installing, upgrading, and configuring Deployment Manager 4.8.x Next topic Running post-upgrade steps