Interpreting different publish statuses
App Studio provides various status updates throughout the publish cycle to inform you of various challenges or roadblocks your pipeline might encounter. These guardrails are intended to mitigate and resolve issues before publish failures.
See below for a few examples of the App Studio publish guardrails:
- App Studio can only publish if there is one configured deployment pipeline in Deployment Manager. App Studio returns an error if you attempt to publish with more than one deployment pipeline configured.
- If you have no pipelines configured, App Studio returns the following error. To
add a pipeline in Deployment Manager, see Creating pipelines.
- It is not recommended to have a manual transition configured in your deployment
pipeline. If a manual transition is required, you can configure this at the
stage level. Once the stage encounters the manual transition (after all tasks
complete in the stage), the Action Required alert is
displayed on App Studio. You must switch to Deployment Manager to manually
promote to the next stage.
- If there is any manual input or approval needed between tasks for the deployment to proceed, you can configure the Perform manual step task in the pipeline. If the deployment is waiting at Perform manual step, you can approve directly from App Studio through the Perform manual step link.
- If a publish is paused, the pipeline will reflect that status with a
Publish paused warning on in the stage on which it
paused. To resume publication from the paused state, contact your application
- If a task fails for any reason in the publish cycle, the application publish
will stop. The pipeline model provides a error for the stage on which
Publish failed, along with the list of failed tasks
to remedy before attempting to publish your application again. Once the issue is
resolved, contact your application administrator to access Deployment Manager
and retry the failed task and resume publishing.
Previous topic Publishing application changes in App Studio Next topic Troubleshooting issues with your pipeline