Simulating data pages and third-party connections
When setting up your test environment, you can simulate data pages and third-party connections. Such simulations let you run your tests without depending on the availability of third-party servers.
- In Dev Studio, open a Pega unit test case.
- Click the Setup & Cleanup tab.
- In the Setup section, expand the Simulation section, and then click Add rules.
- To include a rule that the test rule directly references, on the Referenced rules tab, select the rules to simulate, and then click Add.
- To include any rule that the test rule does not directly reference, do the
following for each rule:
The selected rules display in the Simulation section on the Setup & Cleanup tab.
- Click the Other rules tab and then click Add.
- In the Rule type list, click the type of rule that you want to simulate.
- In the Class box, enter the class of the rule that you want to simulate.
- In the Rules field, enter the rule that you want to simulate.
- Click the Add button.
- In the Simulate with list for each rule, click a
- Select As defined in the rule to use the default simulation defined in the rule.
- Select Select datatransform rule to define your own data transform rule. You can reuse this rule in other test cases.
- Select Define data here to manually provide test data specific to this particular test case. You can copy pages from the clipboard or create new pages and populate them with required test data.
- Select None to disable the simulation.
Previous topic Adding additional clipboard data Next topic Cleaning up your test environment