If an application package that is to be deployed on candidate systems contains schema changes, the Pega Platform orchestration server checks the candidate system to verify that you have the required privileges to deploy the schema changes. One of the following results occurs:
- If you have the appropriate privileges, schema changes are automatically applied to the candidate system, the application package is deployed to the candidate system, and the pipeline continues.
- If you do not have the appropriate privileges, Deployment Manager generates an SQL file that lists the schema changes and sends it to your email address. It also creates a manual step, pausing the pipeline, so that you can apply the schema changes. After you complete the step, the pipeline continues. For more information about completing a step, see Completing or rejecting a manual step.
You can also configure settings to automatically deploy schema changes so that you do not have to manually apply them if you do not have the required privileges. For more information, see Configuring settings to automatically deploy schema changes.
Your user role must have the appropriate permissions so that you can manage schema changes.
Configuring settings to automatically apply schema changes
You can configure settings to automatically deploy schema changes that are in an application package that is to be deployed on candidate systems. Configure these settings so that you do not have to apply schema changes if you do not have the privileges to deploy them.
- On the candidate system, in Pega Platform, set the
AutoDBSchemaChanges dynamic system setting to true to
enable schema changes at the system level.
- In Dev Studio, search for AutoDBSchemaChanges.
- In the dialog box that appears for the search results, click AutoDBSchemaChanges.
- On the Settings tab, in the Value field, enter true.
- Click Save.
- Add the SchemaImport privilege to your access role to enable schema changes at the user level. For more information, see Specifying privileges for an Access of Role to Object rule.
For more information about the database/AutoDBSchemaChanges dynamic system setting, see Importing rules and data by using a direct connection to the database.
Schema changes are also attached to the deployment report for the pipeline.