Attachment control support in scenario testing
Scenario tests now support the attach content control,
pxAttachContent, during recording. This allows you to attach images or
files directly into your case and record it for testing and playback.
- Launch App Studio or Dev Studio, based on where you want to perform the test.
- Do one of the following to open the automation recorder:
- In App Studio, on the lower-left side of the screen, click the Test icon.
- In Dev Studio, on the lower-right side of the screen, toggle the run-time toolbar, and then click the Toggle Automation Recorder icon.
- In the Scenario tests pane, click Create test
case, and then select the test type:
- To record a test for a portal, select Portal.
- To record a test for a case, select Case type,
and then select the type of case for which you want to record the
Note: When you select the case type, a new case of that type is created.
- Record the steps for the test by clicking the UI elements.
Result: When you hover over a testable element, an orange highlight box appears. When you click an element, you record an implicit assertion and add the interaction to the list of test steps.
- Click on Upload file to open the attachment dialogue
- Navigate to the file you want to upload and select it.
- Enter a name for the attachment in the Enter name field.
- Enter a description for the attachment in the Enter description field.
- Click Publish.
- Continue recording as many steps as necessary. When you finish adding steps, in
the Test case pane, click Stop and save test
Result: The test case appears on the Scenario testing landing page. Previous topic Pega Test Automation Kit 1.3 Next topic Pega Test Automation Kit 1.2