Maintain small, reusable Pega applications with clearly defined, reusable functionality for ease of packaging for deployment. The multiple features for built-on applications allow you to enable multiple dependent applications for cross-functional feature reuse.
Deployment Manager allows for application pipelines to leverage the dependencies feature to ensure all dependent applications are always packaged and deployed, without the need to manually track or deploy them to all environments.
The following image represents how the pipelines of an application can build on another application, requiring you to configure a dependency on the pipeline of the application it is built-on.
Configuring dependencies in a pipeline
To configure dependencies, make sure a pipeline exists for the application you which to build on.
- Click +Add in the Dependencies section.
- In the Application field, select the application name.
- In the Application version field, select the application version.
- In the Pipeline field, select the pipeline.
- In the Deployment field, select the deployment that contains the
production-ready artifact of the dependent application. If you want the latest
artifact of the dependent application to be automatically populated,
Note: To add a dependency, the pipeline should have at least one artifact.